Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines


A special treat for Valentines Day!
Wow, I've been away for a long time. But I HAVE been busy. I did a Valentine swap with the ladies from P+R. I had been collecting wool sweaters for a while. I found some really sweet ones in the childrens sections of the thrift stores and felted them. When I needed an idea for the swap, I used the felted pillow I had received as a gift years ago as my inspiration.

The little blue one was the gift. The red/pink/yellow blends are the ones I swapped. I crazy quilted a few and tried rag quilting also.  (Another unrelated project was a rag quilt for my friend's grandbaby. More about that in another post!!) They all turned out soft and scrunchy. Added embellishments were scrapbook keys and locks or some old rusted skeleton keys, buttons, and pinned-on tags.

I love to swap! I'm still waiting on a few of the totally unique and amazing swaps to arrive and then I'll be posting them, too. The crafters at Primitive and Rustic are such an inspiration to me.



Lotsa love!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a spam comment got thru...you might want to delete it before someone clicks on those links. Love your hearts - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I was, all excited that I got a comment! Thanks for the heads-up! It's 'deleted forever' (yes, that's really what Blogger says!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After looking into a few of the blog posts on your website, I honestly like your technique of blogging.
    I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back
    soon. Please check out my web site too and let me know how you feel.


    My website; Full Article

    ReplyDelete

comments welcome!