Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Quinoa Pancakes? It's what's for breakfast today

Believe me, they were DELISH!


I resisted quinoa (keen wah) for the longest time. I just couldn't get used to the pearly consistency when used as a side dish, similar to rice. Then I found a recipe for Creamy Quinoa in the Reader's Digest Diet book and I was hooked. As a breakfast cereal, it totally satisfied me. So, today I thought, ``Why not try to make pancakes?''

Here is my recipe. Very simple and LEGAL. All real ingredients, nothing artificial. And totally satisfying and delish!

1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 mashed banana
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Truvia
2 tsp real maple syrup
1 tsp coconut oil

Makes 4 medium-sized pancakes.

Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl, making sure to combine well.

Prep a skillet or frying pan with the coconut oil and drop a large scoop of the mixture onto the hot pan. It will be thick, so allow some of the batter to `flatten' onto the cooking surface. When you see bubbles, check to see if the pancake is browned and then turn it over.

Serve with 2 tsp of maple syrup.
Enjoy!!


2 comments:

  1. Try downloading a game demo prior to purchasing the actual game so that you can
    determine if you're going to enjoy it. Your best bet is to choose a video card that is just one or two steps down from the number one card now. Many games have role-playing incorporated and from the young age kids quickly learn from your heroes they choose to be.

    Feel free to surf to my blog ... http://carlotuzacau.soup.io/post/301948568/Options-For-Realistic-Games-Products

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look AMAZING. Hard to believe it's all good for you. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

comments welcome!