Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Paper trees - Oh Tannenbaum! Easy tutorial

When the hurricane blew in to the New York area and we were without power (only for a very short time in our house - GRATEFUL!), I did this craft. I needed something `simple, but elegant' to insert in my card for an annual card swap I do with the lovely ladies at Primitive and Rustic Crafts and Decorating. I have been a part of this wonderful forum for 13 years, as of January. I would love for you to join us. We have some amazing and well-respected crafters there. Some have come and gone and we wish they would return. So come on over.

Simple, simple!

**All it took was two-sided scrapbook paper. That's it! The more beautiful and embellished the papers, the more beautiful your trees.

**Just cut a circle in half (I used a plate for a template) and fold. It's all up to you as to how wide you want to make it.

**The rest is up to you, too. I glued the folds down - you don't have to. I also added a star on top. I found a big package of stick-on glittery stars in Michaels. You can glitter your branches, you can add ornies. Make them your own. I added trunks made from some wood splits I had in my craft drawer (I have NO idea why I originally bought them!!). I also made a loop of raffia on top. You can do whatever YOU want. Use ribbon, use twine...GO FOR IT!

So, here are mine. Show me your creations! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh those are so pretty! OMG I've been on P&R since it started! Don't do much posting anymore but what a small world!

    ReplyDelete

comments welcome!