Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Reveling in the Fall weather

So glad I found this chippy chair for the garden.


rev·el  (rvl)
intr.v. rev·eled also rev·elledrev·el·ing also rev·el·lingrev·els also rev·els
1. To take great pleasure or delight: She reveled in her unaccustomed leisure.
2. To engage in uproarious festivities; make merry.
n.
A boisterous festivity or celebration; merrymaking. Often used in the plural.


And so, I am! It's been beautiful when it isn't raining. Seems that it rains a LOT here in the northeast, maybe competing with our friends' weather on the opposite coast! In between the raindrops, we've been having some really bright, lovely days with the Fall sun. I thought I would just post some shots of my house. I really enjoy the colors so much. Autumn is so rich here on Long Island. The local farmers are having a banner year selling those pumpkins, which are nestled side-by-side with local produce and mums and sunflowers. It's a good time to be here and sometimes it takes reminding that we are in the suburbs of New York City. Long Island is much more of a New England climate than the other areas in the mid-Atlantic. We also have some gorgeous historic villages along our coasts.

Welcome to our house.


Happy Fall, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Linda! I just wanted to say 'hi' from a fellow New Yorker. I grew up on Long Island (Syosset to be exact) and now reside in Westchester. I enjoy knowing there are other NY bloggers nearby and would love to chat one day. I went to FB to your page but I didn't see a 'like' button so here I am :). Stop by my page on FB (househoneys) if you have a minute and hopefully we can keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for writing! I will drop on over to your FB page. Mine is listed under my name, not my blog name. Yes, it's great to know that there are people close-by that share the same interests. Stay in touch, please!

      Delete

comments welcome!