Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend junking finds

Quite by accident - and at the last minute!

Took a quick trip up to the harbor in Port Jefferson, NY. It was too nice of a Sunday afternoon NOT to take in the scenery. Seems a lot of people had the same idea. We were just doing some window-shopping and browsing, trying not to spend any money we don't have. I stepped into the Barkin’ Basement Thrift Shop, loocated at 116 East Main Street. All proceeds here benefit the Save-A-Pet Animal Rescue.

There they were! TWO - not one, but TWO - lovely old chairs just waiting for me to take home and fix up.


The one on the left is marked from 1950 - WOW. Something actually older than I am! It has a funky kind of seat cover, but I'm thinking it will do well with paint. Price $6.00

The one on the right has some delicious carvings on the back and sorely needs a new seat cover. Price $4.00

So 2 chairs for $10.00. Could I ask for better? I didn't try to haggle at all!

I think it's going to be a very busy, paint-covered winter!

What did YOU find this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcome!