Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday finds!

Going out to do some Saturday chores today, I saw a sign for an estate sale. I just figured that it was going to be a lot of expensive items, way off the charts for me, and probably not my style.

BIG SURPRISE. I found a kindred soul who was trying to downsize and she is selling (truly, donating) her treasures. She's a collector and a crafter and I'm thinking of going back tomorrow for her bamboo shades, if they fit my windows.

So here are my goodies!

First, look at these adorable colored glass dessert dishes. I try to make my low-carb menus as attractive and fun as possible, so as not to feel deprived. (My diet is a fodder for a totally new blog ... ) These just called my name:



I found them on ebay: Rastal glass from Germany, $80.00 for four. My price - $5.00. Do you think I got a bargain?

Next up, my eyes were drawn to one of several trunks she had stacked in the garage. I've been looking for one for years, literally! So here it is - brass trim, to match my brass bed and tables, and - low-and-behold - RED! My new fascination. It's perfect!


Want to guess the price? It was marked $15.00, but she GAVE it to me (and I really mean that!) for $10. Just needs a little cleaning. Maybe I will add a lining, as the inside is wood.

I'm a happy woman.

What did you find today??

2 comments:

  1. Great find! I too found a very old and very beat up trunk last year and transformed it into a coffee table:) Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete

comments welcome!