Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Take a seat in my garden

Garage sales on a sunny, summer Saturday always hold such wonder. What great surprises will someone be putting out for sale? I've been looking for the last few weeks for wooden chairs to paint and decorate, but more specifically, I wanted an old chair, even one that was broken, to put into my garden. Something like this:


She's perfect - and definitely a 'she' - a beauty from another time, happy to be repurposed. Someone already dressed her up with a splash of white paint - and it's perfectly wobbly and chippy - just right to hold some of summer's artistry.


Next stop, the supermarket. Believe it or not, waiting for me at the curb, I find one very lovely yellow Scabiosa, just yearning to come home and take a set out front!


Success!!

1 comment:

comments welcome!