Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What are you reading?



ISN'T THIS THE TRUTH??

 I have a long list of books in my to-read pile. Last summer I found a treasure trove of books at a library sale in Cutchogue, on eastern Long Island.  I have yet to attack the list. (I'm mortified to admit that!)

So far, I've completed the 'Bible of Savannah', Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. I also read The Memory Keeper's Daughter. Now I'm into Heaven is for Real, which I bought my husband for Christmas and then took over for myself. Still waiting to be read are The Mermaid Chair and Confessions of a Geisha. And everyone is raving about The Hunger Games. My mother-in-law bought me Sarah's Key, thinking I would like it. I have yet to find out.

Just not enough hours in the day to do it all, but I'm going to try. Admittedly, I'm a very undisciplined reader and I do it in spurts. And, I still prefer paper books as opposed to the modern digital phenomena.

How about you? What's on your reading list or your just-completed-reading list?



5 comments:

  1. I agree about preferring an actual book rather than a digital version. Right now I'm reading Stephen King's "On Writing," but I have a stack of books to get to next. You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog today Linda. I'm a big reader too and the only problem is when I have a book that's ALL I do - no housework, no crafting, just reading LOL. Sarah's Key is pretty good. Oops, my dh is waiting on me to go and get some ice cream - we just spent the afternoon cleaning out the garage and deserve a scoop! I'll post again with my favorite books when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love my Kindle but there is something to be said for holding a book in your hands. If I read a book that is my new all time favorite I usually buy it in book form. A few of those are Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (which I've read 3 times), The Help by Kathryn Stockett which I just couldn't put down until I finished it in the wee hours of the morning, Traveling Mercies and Plan B by Anne Lamott. On the lighter side of reading, I love Susan Albert mysteries - the China Bayles series and you need to read them from the 1st on. And Cricket McRae has some good mysteries. Also love the #1 Ladies' Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith (another that you should read from #1 on). On the more serious side, Island Beneath the Sea by Isabel Allende and Cutting Stone by Abraham Verghese are excellent. Oh and Even Silence Has An End by Ingrid Betancourt. The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Baumeister is great too. LOLOLOL Can you tell there aren't many books that I don't like? LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I find that I really need to expand my horizons and get into more reading. Maybe give up some internet time!!

      Delete

comments welcome!