Friday, October 30, 2009
These are the putz houses I made for the swap this year. This is the first time we are trying this, so we're all learning from our hits and misses. My lesson came in the form of materials -- I won't be using corrugated cardboard next time. Trying to cut and score windows and shutters was a small nightmare. The house didn't come out the way I envisioned it. I used a pattern from the Vintage Christmas book by Sarah Toliver. I wanted it to be all pink and green and glittery, but the glitter was a little darker than I imagined. First try - not terrible, but I'm critical. Hopefully, I will improve with experience.